Meghan Markle’s Dad Will No Longer Be Walking Her Down The Aisle

Posted by

It appears that Meghan Markle’s father, Thomas Markle will no longer be walking his daughter down the aisle.

Thomas Markle, 73, who was due to walk his daughter down the aisle at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, on Saturday when she is set to marry Prince Harry, will no longer attend the ceremony, according to TMZ.

After it being announced previously that Thomas Markle would walk his daughter down the aisle, in response to the report, a Kensington Palace spokesman said, “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms Markle in the days before her wedding. She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr Markle in this difficult situation.

Mr Markle is reported to have cooperated with a paparazzi photographer in Los Angeles photographing him being measured for his wedding suit, working out with weights in a park, reading a book on British history and looking up reports in an internet cafe about the upcoming wedding , according to the Mail.

According to TMZ Mr Markle thought the staged pictures would “recast” his image.

Mr Markle said he had suffered a heart attack six days ago, but checked himself out of the hospital so he could attend the wedding. “He’s now decided not to go because he doesn’t want to to embarrass the royal family or his daughter,” TMZ claimed.

Prince Harry has yet to meet his father-in-law — her mother will be attending the wedding and accompanying her daughter in the bridal car.