Woman Dies After Eating At Michelin-Starred Restaurant

Posted by

Investigators are awaiting an autopsy report of a 46-year-old woman who died days after eating a dish at a restaurant in Spain. Eighteen other people, including the woman’s husband and son suffered from food poisoning after eating at RiFF in Valencia, El Pais reported.
Woman Dies After Eating At Michelin-Starred Restaurant 379331685
Maria Jesus Fernandez Calvo, died on Sunday, just one day after developing the symptoms, according to the outlet.  “We’ve conducted a primary inspection of the establishment and everything appears to be norma. Analytical tests will now be carried out on the food products,” the regional health chief, Ana Barcelo, told El Pais.

Public health officials inspected the restaurant on Monday, February 18, but did not find any problems that could have contributed to the food poisoning. Barcelo said she can’t confirm if it was the mushrooms that are the cause.  “We will have to wait for the autopsy to be carried out on the woman before we can determine whether it was the ingestion of a food that directly caused her death, or whether it prompted a state that led to this fatal outcome, or if she had an existing condition,” she stated.

Samples of the restaurant’s raw produce were sent to Spain’s toxicology institute.

“Regardless of the reason that may have caused this situation, I want to convey my deep regret for what happened, hoping that soon all these facts can be clarified,” chef and owner of RiFF, Bernd Knoller, said in a statement.

Other Articles


Choose sticky board

Saved To Sticky Board!

New Board Name

Add It